Tea party is not really popular in the Philippines because this is part of the Western culture, especially in England, but for Filipinos who are looking for a unique and fabulous party ideas, try Mad Hatter Tea Party based on the famous fairytale book, Alice in Wonderland, by Lewis Caroll.
This is one of the favourite theme parties of children in other parts of the world. This is fun and entertaining with children attending all dressed up in fairy tale costumes just like the scene in Alice in Wonderland. Make sure everyone is assigned with a name tag like the White Queen, the Red Queen, the White Rabbit, Alice of course, the Mad Hatter and other characters.
Essentials and Kits for The Mad Hatter Tea Party:
1. Name tag
2. Party Wares (cups, plates, spoon, fork, cutlery)
5. Party foods like pasta, decorated cupcakes, marshmallows, etc.
7. Teapot, tea cups, tea saucers
8. Table cloth
9. Chair covers
How to do it:
1. Set a long table with teapots on top, tea cups, saucers, etc.
2. Use mismatch colors to make the ambience more lively
3. Hang colorful paper lanterns or buntings
4. Each guest must wear a hat provided by the hosts.
5. Prepare party filler bags cut in a tea bag design.
6. Prepare a game of hedgehog plush toys or lawn croquet.
7. Hide a small golden key or a white rabbit plush (similar to the Alice in Wonderland scenes) and have your guests find it.
8. Attach labels with the words: "eat me" or "drink me" in some tricky stuff you prepare in the party.
9. Make or decorate cupcakes and the large cake in a teapot or tea cup form.